Gunner was born on 12/14/11 with no skin on both feet, ankles, wrists, and hands. He had missing skin on his right cheek and his chest and scratches all over his face, lips, and all over his head. Immediately and unexpectedly we were thrown into the world of Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB). He was rushed immediately to a hospital with a more advanced NICU.
We didn’t get a diagnosis of EB until that next afternoon when a pediatric dermatologist came to see Gunner. At a week old a skin biopsy was done, and we found out Gunner has Recessive Dystrophic Epidermolysis Bullosa (RDEB). We recently got Gunner’s genetic testing blood work results back and it shows he has the subtype Hallopeau-Siemens. This is the most severe subtype in RDEB.
- Mepilex Transfer (8×20 inch) and (6×8 inch)
- Mepilex Lite (8×20 inch AND 4×4 inch)
- 2″ Rolled Gauze
- 3″ Rolled Gauze
- Green line Tubifast
- 18g Sterile Needles
- 4×4 Gauze pads
- Desitin (purple label maximum strength with 40% zinc oxide)
- Johnson & Johnson Nursing Pads
- Lysol disinfecting wipes
- Aveeno Baby Oatmeal Bath
- Aveeno Baby Soothing Moisture Lotion
- Curad Powder-Free Nitrile Exam Gloves (universal size)